2′ High Contrast Film TIP Panels
IR.Tools™ offers a variety of Personal Identification for ground to ground or air to ground communication and IFF signaling.
These 2′ x 2′ Personal ID panels equip your unit for quick ID in any given terrain or combat situation.
The High Contrast film pops a clear, crisp image to your FLIR device for quick identification.
How Thermal Film Works
Thermal film projects an image different or contrasting from its surroundings because it reflects a cooler temperature in the scene.
Used in conjunction with a FLIR device, the high contrast thermal film is attached to people, animals, vehicles, or even the landscape. The FLIR device will read the temperature of the scene around the film which always appears warmer. Therefore the thermal film pops.
There are different settings on a FLIR device. Most military and law enforcement agencies use the “white hot” or “black hot” settings. Therefore the contrast of the film will appear either black or white.
This passive film needs no illumination and will identify a subject or location through sand, smoke and fog.
Some Panels Require a State Department Export License
- Highest Contrast pops image for a quick ID and location specs.
- The larger 2′ x 2′ panels are ideal for Personal ID or landing zones.
- Tan, green, or brown High Contrast films available.
- Backing of panel is thermal film or ripstop back… you choose!
3 Easy Steps to Solve Your ID Problems
1. DISCOVER: We will listen and evaluate to Discover and better understand your problem.
2. DESIGN: Next, with this information, our engineers will Design a new ID or recommend an existing ID to solve your unique problem.
3. DELIVER: Finally, we will Deliver a premium IR ID patch or marker to protect you.